The vision of working at home in your PJ’s with fluffy slippers may be what pops into your head at first with the occasional break to watch Oprah. However in reality working from home is more demanding of you as an individual than any role where you have the support and guidance of co-workers. Is it all bad? Of Course NOT otherwise we would not have Work at Home Roles. There are just some decisions you need to make before starting your Work from Home Search.
- Can I motivate myself through the day
- Do I have the Space to Work from Home Efficiently
- Are my skills in demand/need?
- Do I have or can I get the technology needed to run a home office?
Searching for the right work at home can be a simple thing to do. Whether you look on the internet, or in the help wanted ads of your newspaper, there are jobs you can do at home. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Being able to provide a skill that someone will pay you for is the most important thing to realise.
- Understanding your skills is the first step to working at home for someone. Is it a skill that you can provide to an employer or would you like to branch out and even work at home in your own business? They key here is to make it feel like it is a job you go to everyday and give yourself the breaks that a “job” would give you.
- You have to market yourself just like a business markets a product except in this case the product is your skill. To do this you need to make a resume that highlights your strengths and your background. Try and think like a boss when you design this. Will they easily be able to understand what you have to offer?
- The internet is a great place to let the world know about you! Here are a few places you can put your resume online and also check for businesses that are hiring for work at home jobs. Like the Family Capers Employment Hub
- You can always Google search for work at home jobs to come up with a never ending list of places looking for people who want to work at home. One thing to be cautious of is work at home scams. Opportunities that want you to pay to work at home may not be legitimate and you need to be careful not to get scammed.
- One last thing you can do is to start your own home business. This is not really a job, but a way to stay at home and work. You are your own boss and your business is a way to make money at home. There are many ways to start a home business and the internet offers anyone willing to work the opportunity to do that. This can include internet marketing, network marketing, and affiliate marketing.
Finding work at home jobs is easy when you know where to look and how to market yourself doing it. The key is to spend your time looking in the right place and letting businesses know you are available, or maybe even starting a business of your own.
Linda Enever has a distinctive history in the staffing and recruiting arena; a decade with various companies where she became skilled & respected recruiter and manager valued by her clients, candidates staff and colleagues alike. With her journey to motherhood through Linda planned and created FamilyCapers a resource for all things Family and most recently has founded Media Connections to connect Media and Business. With a team of Families working with her Linda truly lives and breathes what she preaches and that is a balance between family, community and work.